Tyrannicide Response

Tyrannicide is a very controversial topic in today’s world. This is because it can be justified in multiple different ways. I thought it was very interesting when it mentioned the idea or actual killing of a tyrant leader can be justified as a good in society. This is because people view killing a tyrant as something that is morally acceptable. Also, some people view killing a tyrant as them “saving the nation”.

According to Andrade, he said that “tyrannicide is part of the American ethos”. In today’s world tyrannicide is being shown everywhere. This is including tv shows and movies such as The Lion King. Young children are being taught this and I find that very interesting. The children may not realize when watching the shows or movies but in the underlying meaning and the lyrics in the song suggests that there are examples of tyrannicide.

1. Lindsey Frank Lindsey Frank

I find it interesting that tyranny is blatantly displayed in children’s movies like “The Lion King”. You also make a good point when bringing up the idea that tyranny can be viewed as a good thing in extreme cases.

2. Jacob Kapp Jacob Kapp

I also found it interesting how often tyrannicide is shown in American media. I think the debate on whether or not it’s a good thing we’re indirectly teaching kids about tyrannicide would be a good discussion in class.