Organizational Category

Organizational Culture – Allied

Allied Global Marketing is a global leader in the entertainment industry with a team of over 500 specialists across 23 offices in North America and Europe. Even though Allied is a global company, it puts a strong emphasis on office culture and dynamics in order to ensure the success of each individual office as well as the collaboration between offices. Allied values respecting each other while working hard and having fun. Daily expectations include punctuality, attention to detail, meeting deadlines, collaboration and teamwork. Allied values open communication and creativity and encourages employees to share ideas with team members. The goal is to empower the team and succeed as a team, instead of working independently to get ahead. In regard to interns, Allied provides a variety of experiences to those who are open to them, including: honing public speaking skills, and learning office etiquette. Thus, the more you want to learn, the more options are available to you. Allied expects all interns to ask questions, be engaged in and creative with the work, be organized and devote yourself to the internship. My supervisor does not expect me to work off hours, but she expects me to work hard and immerse myself in the internship during working hours. My supervisor is my point of contact and also the person who communicates all the rules and expectations of the company. She has mentioned that while I do not need to exceed my duties as an intern, staying informed on the entertainment industry will help me succeed. Thus, Allied values employees who go above and beyond their normal duties and keep up to date with the trends of the industry. As my internship is remote this summer, my main form of contact with the team is through email. Since the rest of the team is also working remotely for now, they are utilizing email and Microsoft Teams as their primary forms of contact. These emails are mostly informal with a general greeting and goodbye but nothing strictly formal. Since the team is only four people, they are very familiar and friendly and do not feel the need to send formal emails all the time. 

Allied also has multicultural divisions which provide all the capabilities and resources of the national agency with a tailored approach to reach important and highly influential consumer audience segments. Allied understands that not all consumers are the same and values the differences and diversity of consumers through its multicultural divisions. These divisions include Allied Moxy, Allied Contigo and Allied Pride. Allied Moxy specializes in establishing connections with black consumers through entertainment, sports, music, fashion and technology. Each campaign addresses the diversity that exists within the black audience with authenticity and integrity. Allied Contigo connects movie studios, TV networks and brands to the U.S. Hispanic consumer market. This team is made up of experienced bicultural and bilingual marketing specialists who apply their knowledge of the diverse Hispanic market to reach consumers on a local and national level. Finally, Allied Pride helps clients reach and become part of the LGBTQ community through authentic positioning, partnerships and promotions as well as LGBTQ friends, advocates and supporters. Overall, Allied understands and values the diversity of consumers of the entertainment industry.