Experiencing campus as a Living Laboratory, the students in Geographic Dimensions of Human Development (GEOG/IS 210) worked in six teams to address important waste management concerns and make recommendations for improving sustainability at the University of Richmond.
- A pilot program for composting paper towels (report, presentation)
- Expanding our use of reusable to-go food containers (report, presentation)
- Increasing use of water refill stations (report, Prezi, presentation)
- Reducing food waste (report, video, presentation, poster)
- Improving recycling bin signage (report, presentation)
- Safer battery collection and recycling (report, presentation)