Week 8

I really enjoyed getting to practice using the VA Quality Criteria Review tool for performance assessments in class. Being able to discuss ideas with my group helped me to see things in the performance assessment that I hadn’t noticed at a first glance or added an interpretation that made me view it in a way different from the way I originally viewed it. Our group only made it through the first 4 criteria, but I think that discussing ratings with the group changed the rating I initially wanted to give each piece. For example, for 1B I initially gave it a rating of 2. I did not see a lot of cross-disciplinary concepts or analysis, but after discussing it with my group, they were obvious. Writing a children’s book based off of several sources is cross-disciplinary and highly analytical. Getting a chance to work through this tool and work with it in class with support will be MUCH easier to evaluate the other assessment due in a few weeks.

One thought on “Week 8”

1. Marlea, I am glad you found value using the QCRT. This tool is very relevant to today and having this background experience of being introduced to the tool will make a difference for you in the near future. I personally am pleased to know that you ended up changing your rating based upon the discussion you had with your table mates. That experience is precisely what is valued in the process of using this tool! Thank you for your reflection.