Blog Post #9 March 19th

1. Blood on the River presentation
  2. Controversy over Indians in picture books.

I had to present my project today. I think that kids should be able to have a book talk within their classroom. This will be a change in who is speaking and I think will get the attention of the children in a positive manner. I also think doing a book talk about one book will allow the class to get the different perspectives of all the children. This could be good to compare or even spark up a great discussion. I think doing a book talk will bring up things that others might have missed. I think that finding experts was really fun and I think will be good for the  students to follow along with.

I think it was so crazy to see all the picture books with the pictures of Indians that were misinterpreted. This is something that has gone unnoticed for a long time. I think that there needs to be a change in the perspectives of these illustrators. Growing up I also thought of Indians in the way they were drawn but after this class I realized how horrible the Native Americans in the classroom could  feel.