Blog Post #1

What you expect from the class and professors as well as what is expected from you

In this course I expect to learn a whole new way to teach; integrating. This concept was used in the science and math courses because they have many correlations that people don’t always notice right away. For social studies integrating reading and literature is essential when teaching the curriculum. I expect to learn and be come comfortable with making lesson plans revolved around this concept. As far as curricula, I expect to be refreshed of some US history that I haven’t looked at since being in high school. I expect their to many activities we do especially activities we would potentially use in our very own classroom. When it comes to the instructors I expect constructive feedback with lesson plans. I also expect to hear many stories about working in the classrooms. For myself, I expect to stay on top of all the blogs, participate in class and get all work done on time. I expect to ask many questions about lesson plans so that I can get them right. I expect to come to every class prepared and ready to do an activity.  I expect to know the curriculum for Kindergarten social studies.

Haley Berkeley

One thought on “Blog Post #1”

1. Hi Haley,

Thank you for your reflection! I am glad to hear you like stories! I have many to share that are my own, as well as, examples from my experiences coaching teachers. I am also excited to hear about your desire to teacher kindergarten. You will be especially interested in our guest speakers who are K teachers! Always feel free to ask questions and contact me outside of class if I can ever be of service. I look forward to having you in class this semester! See you tomorrow afternoon, Lynne