Blog #14

After the final class of the semester and my drive home, it is hard to believe that the semester is over. In thinking about all of the information that we have covered in the past 14 weeks I feel as though I have a large of amount of resources that I will easily be able to use in my classroom.  As I start to think about student teaching and I would like to to teach content during the fall semester, using methods like the jigsaw is a great way to help my students learn very valuable information.

The process of the virtual field trip and the presentation allowed me to see that while all students may not be able to physically go to the place in which we are studying, helping them infer about what it may be like there is a great way to cover different topics. As Sarah and I were able to take a large amount of information that we discovered at the State Capital and put it into a first grade content area. Working with a partner on this project helped me balance all of my ideas and work effectively to present information that a first grader would understand!

Thank you for a great semester!