100% MENSCH

GOATS 2 Comments

While in Germany, my classmates and I participated in Pride day festivities. It was interesting to see the many people dressed up, dancing, singing and just enjoying the day. Although, it was a Pride event, people were not necessarily apart of the LGBTQ community. This was a perfect example of how all types of people can come together and learn about one another or just have a good time together. I enjoyed my classmates/travel partners. A phrase that stood out to me while I was there was 100% MENSCH, which means 100% HUMAN. I believe that people tend to forget in general that just because people aren’t the same race, sexuality, don’t live as you do or don’t agree with you; that at the end of the day they are human beings!

2 thoughts on “100% MENSCH

• Grainne Murray

Amen!

• Andrew Schoeneman

Anjelica, you raise such great points in this post and in general. I appreciate your focus on leadership being about no one being left behind. Combined with this post about humanity that’s a powerful perspective. We don’t often think about the “goal” of leadership, oddly, but I think you’ve nailed it.