CSD in Stuttgart

#1&DONE 1 Comment

On our last day together, the one thing on everyones to-do list was to make it to the CSD Pride Parade in Stuttgart. Anne and I had already been to the one in Frankfurt but were more than happy tag along with everyone else. I especially wanted to go so I could compare the parade in Stuttgart to the one in Frankfurt and maybe talk to some people to get more information about the LGBTQ community in Germany. The parade in Stuttgart blew the one in Frankfurt out of the water, it was like I was at a completely different event because of how different the atmospheres were, even though they were both considered the CSD Pride Parade.

The streets were lined with merchandise, food, and drink vendors where I was able to find some things for my brother. During the parade I was able to FaceTime him and show him the energy of the crowd and overall atmosphere of the pride parade, which he was very appreciative of. We later talked and he said he’s never seen anything comparable to the CSD parade in Richmond. I told him how marketing for the parade was all over the city and how the pride flags were everywhere not just in certain areas or placing that were accepting of the LGBTQ community because it seemed that everywhere and every business supported the CSD pride parade.

One thought on “CSD in Stuttgart

• Katherine Cassada

Keaton – I even noticed paper shopping bags with the pride/rainbow motif on them. A strong community message.