Bosch Foundation

Charlie's Angels, Uncategorized 0 Comments

Going to the Bosch Foundation was an enriching experience. We were able to have an employee that had worked in multiple areas of the foundation.  She was very helpful in answering our questions about their mission and its relation to education in Germany. Before going on the excursion site, I was fearful that I would not have enough questions to ask. However, when she started explaining the company, the conversation came naturally. 

I was able to make connections from the presentation to the content we were learning in class as well as my career. I thought it was interesting to see the role of a nonprofit business supporting the school system. I had always known there was a connection between the business and the school system, but I was not able to see the concrete breakdown on how the business interacts with the school systems. The breakdown of how the money was contributed and the portion that goes into supporting at risk schools was very interesting. It was great to see a different aspect of education that is often forgotten about.