Dilemmas

In reading all of these dilemmas, I was thinking of personal experiences that applied to almost every one. The Volunteer Dilemma comes up pretty frequently for me, and I am generally willing to step up, but only if I think that I can do a good job in whatever is needed. I also will not step up if I feel like I am always the one stepping up and bearing an unfair burden. In the Battle of the Sexes, I am typically pretty flexible in general; I don’t care what we do (go to a restaurant, watch a movie), but I want it to be something of quality. If the other person wants to eat Mexican food or watch a comedy, I’m fine with that, but it has to be a good Mexican restaurant or a good comedy.

2 thoughts on “Dilemmas

1. Caitlyn Lindstrom

I think those examples show how applicable these social dilemmas are to our everyday life, while also providing reasoning for state actors. It is interesting to see these similarities between the individual and state, as that is also the center of debate for some social theories.

2. Kostro Montina

I agree it’s the same for me as well; as long as it’s something of good quality, I will tend to be flexible. As I was reading, I also was applying the dilemmas in my daily life so it just goes to show how applicable the concepts and situations appear in every instance of interaction.