The August/Fall On-Campus Interview Program (OCI) will begin on Tuesday, August 8. You may now review the list of participating employers and their required application materials via Symplicity.
The application period opens on Wednesday, July 5, at 9:00 am, and the first application deadline is Sunday, July 16, at 11:45 pm. You will be notified as additional employers register to participate.
During the OCI review period, you should begin customizing your application materials, including your resume, cover letter, transcript, and writing sample for each employer in whom you have an interest. Also, as you review the list of participating employers, you should develop a list of target, non-participating employers to whom you will make direct applications in July.
Additional information about August/Fall OCI and other interview opportunities is available in the 2017 – 2018 Recruitment Planning Guide. Your career advisor is available to meet with you (in-person or via telephone) to discuss your job search strategy, including your efforts outside of the OCI process. Your advisor also can review your application materials. Strong application materials are key to your success is this competitive process.
Submit cover letters and resumes to your career advisor by Monday, June 26, to receive feedback on or before the OCI deadlines.
Resume samples and a cover letter format document are available on the CDO website.
To Review Participating Employers:
- Under sub tab “OCI”, scroll down to the “Sessions” box.
- Select each Session (interview weeks) from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Review” box to obtain a description of the position and documents required.
- To go back to the employer list, click on “Back to List”.
OCI Application Timeline:
- OCI EARLY DEADLINE – Application date – Sunday, July 16 at 11:45 p.m.
- Session 1 – Application deadline date – July 23 at 11:45 p.m.
- Session 2 – Application deadline date – July 30 at 11:45 p.m.
- Session 3 – Application deadline date – August 27 at 11:45 p.m.
- Session 4 – Application deadline date – September 3 at 11:45 p.m.
- Session 5 – Application deadline date – September 10 at 11:45 p.m.
Note that the session and interview dates are based on employers’ preferences. Employers will be participating in a single session only and interviewing on campus on a single day. If you are not available on an employer’s selected interview date, you will miss the opportunity to interview on campus with that employer.
Before Submitting Applications:
- Confirm that your Profile information is correct (particularly your class year and graduation date).
- Upload an updated resume in the “Documents” tab in Symplicity.
- Upload employer-specific cover letters in the “Documents” tab. All cover letters must be uploaded and attached to applications prior to the deadline.
- Upload a transcript in the “Documents” tab.