Recipients of the Summer Public Service Fellowship Program must participate in one Fellowship Program Discussion Group facilitated by a faculty member over a four-week period.
The Discussion Groups will be held between August 16 and September 9 at various times in Room 103 or 314. Sign up under Events in Symplicity.
Please be prepared to discuss the following questions in your Fellowship Discussion Group:
- What was your most meaningful learning experience this summer and why? What did you learn from the experience?
- What did you learn about the profession that you did not realize before? How will you use this knowledge to enhance your law school experience? How will you use this knowledge when you become a lawyer?
- What did you learn about access to justice? Do you think there are reforms that need to be made? If so, what and why?
- What did you learn about professionalism? In responding to this question, please include particular experiences that informed your understanding of professionalism and how they will impact the type of lawyer you hope to be.
- What did you learn about yourself this summer and how will those insights inform the type of practice you hope to pursue?
- If you discovered through your internship that the area or type of practice you thought you wanted to pursue is not for you, what led you to this conclusion? What insights did you gain about yourself and the type of work environment you want that will help you reformulate your career goals? What next steps will you take? How are you feeling about this change in course? What are the positives and negatives?