Employers and attorneys at various law firms often keep track of their contacts by using VCards, which are essentially electronic business cards. A VCard is an electronic file with contact information, including name, email, phone number, address and other information about a person that could be helpful in a professional context.
Guide to Creating a VCard in Gmail
A VCard allows a contact to easily store your information for future use. Below are instructions on how to create a VCard in Gmail.
Create a vCard using Gmail:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click Contacts along the side of any Gmail page.
- Select Other Contacts and choose your own email account.
- Enter the contact information you want to share.
- Select your account and from the More actions drop-down menu, select Export….
- Choose Selected contacts and VCard format from the options.
- Click Export.
- Choose Save to Disk then click OK.
- Select a location to save your file, and click OK.
Import a vCard into Gmail:
- Sign into Gmail.
- Click Contacts link on the left sidebar of Gmail inbox.
- Then click Import button at top right.
- Click Browse button and select the vCard file from your computer’s hard drive.