Council Day Sux, I mean Six

Well, dear church, I must report that I have been excommunicated. I was excited to pass and sign a creed that everyone was accepting of and that inspired the most unity, however, those heathens of Alexandrians decided to be selfish. This Council was called so that our church could come together united. However, I do not feel that occurred as there was one particular group pushing too hard for their own beliefs and not enough for unity of all. Early on in the Council, I was willing to give up my specific language on the nature of the Father and Son for the sake of establishing a creed that would be encompassing of all beliefs. But the Alexandrians were willing to do no such thing. I am extremely disappointed in the actions and behaviors of these so-called men of God. Where is the holiness in selfishness?

Nonetheless, I will inform you of the other proceedings of the Council regarding the canons passed. A canon was passed that prevented women from holding power in the Church. I voted against this canon for I was persuaded by, but also felt a bit sorry for, our brother/sister Theclus’ cause. I tried my hardest to pass a canon establishing the celebration of the Resurrection on the Sunday after the start of Passover, however I was outvoted. The day to celebrate the Resurrection is now too complicated for one to even remember off the top of their head, so I will not even attempt to humor you. Another canon passed, but that I did not vote for, establishes that Metropolitan bishops will have power over local bishops. I am deeply sorry that it comes down to this, as I desire for my people to have a safe place to live and worship. On a pleasant note, I rejoice that there will be no more councils to make decisions that the entire church must follow. As you are aware, the Council of Antioch was severely outnumbered by Alexandrians (as I am afraid the Council of Nicaea was as well), so I am pleased that there will be no more.

I am discouraged that some of our fellow Christians have failed to show love to their own brother in Christ by not even caring to listen to me for the sake of unity. My fight is in no way over. My church, do not grow weary; though this Council has ended, this debate will not cease. I feel that excommunication will allow me time to recharge in the name of Christ and come back more fearsome than ever before. I know that there are many Christians out there that would affirm my beliefs in the Father and Son and I feel that we did not get our far chance against the supports of Alexander. Tell the Alexandrians to be afraid.

I leave you with this charge: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” Hebrews 12:1-3.

This is only the beginning, friends.

Blessings Always,

Arius