I have a confirmed faculty advisor!! I will be working with Dr. Hoyt and conducting research alongside her next year.
5 additional sources that I think will be important for my research:
- The Resurgence of Awe in Psychology: Promise, Hope, and Perils- Kirk Schneider
2. Krause, N., Pargament, K. I., Hill, P. C., & Ironson, G. (2016). Humility, stressful life events, and psychological well-being: Findings from the landmark spirituality and health survey. The Journal of Positive Psy- chology, 1–12.
3. Keltner, D., Ellsworth, P. C., & Edwards, K. (1993). Beyond simple pessimism: Effects of sadness and anger on social perception. Journal of personality and social psychology, 64, 740–752.
4. Keltner, D., & Haidt, J. (2003). Approaching awe, a moral, spiritual, and aesthetic emotion. Cognition and Emotion, 17, 297–314. http://dx.doi .org/10.1080/02699930302297
5. Keltner, D., Kogan, A., Piff, P. K., & Saturn, S. R. (2014). The sociocul- tural appraisals, values, and emotions (SAVE) framework of prosocial- ity: Core processes from gene to meme. Annual Review of Psychology, 65, 425–460. http://dx.doi.org/10.1146/annurev-psych-010213-115054
6. Keltner, D., & Shiota, M. N. (2003). New displays and new emotions: A commentary on Rozin and Cohen (2003). Emotion, 3, 86–91. http://dx .doi.org/10.1037/1528-3518.104.22.168
Tangney, J. P. (2002). Humility. In C. R. Snyder & S. J. Lopez (Eds.),Handbook of positive psychology (pp. 411–419). London: Oxford Uni- versity Press.