Big Wild Concert

A couple of weeks ago, I attended a Big Wild concert at The National. Big Wild is an EDM artist whom I had heard of, however I was not entirely familiar with him when I purchased tickets and agreed to go with friends who are fans of his music. What struck me the most about the performance was how the artist made the effort to engage more of the senses than just hearing the music. There were massive LED screens on the stage that displayed different patterns and designs that went along with the songs, and this made the concert much more about the music.

It was overall incredibly entertaining and I enjoyed being exposed to a music genre who’s culture I was not entirely familiar with and was then completely immersed in a mosh pit of EDM fans who were completely lost in the music. I think that cultural events, and concerts more specifically, can bring people together in a way that not many other things can. Everyone was there to have a good time and enjoy the music and that night, I was able to escape the stresses and problems that I normally have to deal with in everyday life.