Graduation from law school doesn’t mean that you lose all access to the resources you’ve grown to depend upon for the last three years. Some resources will be available for a few months and some for the rest of your life! First let’s look at the online research databases.
- Bloomberg Law – BLaw will continue unlimited access to your account for a six months after graduation. Your account will remain active until November 30, 2021.
- Lexis + – Unlimited access to your account extends through December 31, 2021. On July 9, 2021 the spring graduates’ view of the Law School Home Page will switch to the graduate view. This new view provides helpful information for their careers and job search. Lexis is allowing students to select a “Graduate Gift” from the new graduate view of the Law School Home Page. This year’s gifts are LexisNexis eBooks and online subscriptions for Practical Guidance, Intelligize, Lexis for Microsoft Office, and Law360.
- Westlaw Edge: Access to Westlaw and West Practical Law extends 18 months after graduation (December 31, 2022) but you must sign up via http://www.lawschool.tr.com. While there are no restrictions against using them in a professional setting, you are limited to 60 hours of research per month.
What about other library resources? You will not be able to access the library until the University is in the Green Stage. You can still check out books by emailing Andrew Frank (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for an Interlibrary Loan. Alumni also have perpetual access to HeinOnline and JStor. In order to use these resources, you must sign up at the Alumni Portal (https://uronline.net/). If you have reference questions, you still have access to the reference chat feature on the library’s homepage or you could email email@example.com.
Contact Joyce Manna Janto (firstname.lastname@example.org); Maureen Moran (email@example.com) or Liz Schiller (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions about access to library resources.
Your access to the Richmond computer network will end three months after graduation on August 1, 2021.
- Email – Your Richmond email address is yours for life. To manage your email account after August 1, 2021 please visit www.uronline.net.
- Network access – Your NetID and password are active until August 1, 2021. Until the University is in the Green Stage, you will not have access to the library or the University network. After that you can gain wireless access through VisitUR. (No VPN after August 1).
- Box – Your files located in Box will be deleted August 1, 2021. Please move data to another online solution (Box personal account, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) or a storage device (thumb drive, external hard drive, etc.) before the deadline. If you have created a Box folder for a faculty or staff member please reach out to them ASAP so that they may move the information to a location they can access.
Contact Kim Edwards (email@example.com) or Mason Ramsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about computer issues. You may also email email@example.com with any questions.