Graduation from law school doesn’t mean that you lose all access to the resources you’ve grown to depend upon for the last three years. Some resources will be available for a few months and some for the rest of your life! First let’s look at the online research databases.
- Bloomberg Law – BLaw will continue unlimited access to your account for a year after graduation. Your account will remain active until June 1, 2021.
- Lexis Advance – Unlimited access to your account extends through February 28, 2021. On July 1, IDs switch over to graduate access, meaning users will see a different log in page and will no longer have access to the UR printers.
- Westlaw Edge: Access to Westlaw and West Practical Law extends 18 months after graduation (December 31, 2021) but you must sign up via http://www.lawschool.tr.com. While there are no restrictions against using them in a professional setting, you are limited to 60 hours of research per month.
What about other library resources? You can still check out books by registering for a borrower’s card. You can access our full array of databases from on campus by using the guest wireless access. Alumni also have perpetual access to HeinOnline and JStor. When you are on campus, you can use the public access computers for Westlaw, Lexis, and Bloomberg Law.
Contact Joyce Manna Janto (email@example.com); Maureen Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Liz Schiller (email@example.com) for any questions about access to library resources.
Your access to the Richmond computer network will end three months after graduation.
- Email – Your Richmond email address is yours for life. To manage your email account after August 1, please visit www.uronline.net.
- Network access – Your NetID and password are active until August 1. After that date, you can gain wireless access through VisitUR. (No VPN after August 1).
- Box – Your files located in Box will be deleted August 1. Please move data to another online solution (Box personal account, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) or a storage device (thumb drive, external hard drive, etc.) before the deadline. If you have created a Box folder for a faculty or staff member please reach out to them ASAP so that they may move the information to a location they can access.
Contact Kim Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mason Ramsey (email@example.com) with any questions about computer issues. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.