Final Blog

I thought that the health panel was informative and enjoyable. It was interesting to hear so many different opinions about various health topics, such as how to become a health psychologist, the future of health psychology, and the daily routines of becoming a health psychologist. It was cool to see the different stages of health psychology, and the perspectives of the individuals in those stages. I learned that the field of psychology is much more flexible than I thought, and I am relieved.

I think that this class has opened my eyes to a lot of realities in life. This year, I learned how much of our society is impacted by health outcomes due to their ethnicity and socioeconomic statuses (factors they can’t control). I think it was eye-opening because I had never thought about it before. I hope that in the next couple years, the field of health psychology will help close these gaps in health outcomes in different ethnic groups. I think everything I have learned in this class has impacted the way I see health and the necessity to help those who are not receiving equal treatments in health.

This entry was posted in Careers in Health Psychology, Fall 2017. Bookmark the permalink.