Keep It Secret — Or We Shall Kill You

***Warning: the video is extremely shocking to watch.

This documentary video is from one of the classes I took in my sophomore year.

The video is about a Japanese journalist, Mika Yamamoto, who died in Aleppo, Syria in 2012. She was shot to death in a random shooting by the pro-government troops.

What I want to talk about here today is not about her, but about what the nations really want.

Around 25:00 of the video, the documentary moves to the scene of the moment an airstrike has started in Iraq War while she and her colleague were staying in the Palestine Hotel in Baghdad. 20 days after the war has started, one of the hotel rooms, where two American journalists from Reuters were staying, was shot by an American tank. One was seriously wounded, and the other one who was standing by the window died. (* The scene is very shocking and bloody to see)

The Americans in the tank who shot them obviously knew that there were many journalists staying in the hotel. I do not know what America wanted to do, or why they killed their own people, but there might have been something unpresentable, or something they wanted to hide. This video made me even more suspicious about the international community. Maybe no nations do not really want to fix any problem in the world, and nations’ interests may be their own benefit only. In order to pursue their own interests, they do not even hesitate to kill their own people.