Expectations … etc.

As we enter Week 4 of class, it might be good to restate some of the goals here, and give you a chance to give constructive feedback.  We are traveling down SEVERAL paths simultaneously.  On one, we are reading historical narratives, and as the semester progresses we will approach modern times.  On another, we are reading standard ‘geography’ from the E-book.  This text is organized regionally and we are starting with the ‘Arab’ Middle East.  On still another we are beginning to discuss current events in class.  These discussions should/will get more interesting as the semester progresses.  On yet another we are beginning to add maps to our Google Maps.  My hope is that the pieces to this puzzle will begin to come together for all of you in the coming weeks.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you understand the structure or content of this course.  Thanks for your feedback!

Kimberley Browne

Kimberley Klinker Browne is the Director of the Spatial Analysis Lab at the University of Richmond.