Week 12

I really enjoyed how you guys decided to connect the lesson content to our presentation. I really like the idea of using that in an elementary setting to have peer-to-peer instruction, giving students the opportunity to be more independent and self-directed learners. I think what resonated with me the most from last night’s class, is using more metacognitive strategies to think about the way we are asking questions. The activity helped me to understand not only the importance of wondering’s and asking questions for our young learners, but it helped me to further appreciate the true value in the meaning of our questions. Meaning, I understand that in order to receive the answers I expect, I need to pose questions in a way that supports those answers. Such a very simple concept but definitely a big aha- moment for me. Overall, I really appreciate the use of so many primary sources in our exercises this semester. It really demonstrates the impact they have on making important connections to content, self, and others. Finally, Mentimeter is such a great way to incorporate simple formative assessment into lesson planning. I am wondering if this can be linked to SeeSaw in anyway, or more just for other systems like SmartBoard.