Final Blog Post

In reflecting on this semester, I am unsure how to feel. It was definitely one of the most challenging periods of my short life struggling with chronic migraines and even temporary losing my eyesight because of one. The impact this had on my schoolwork was tremendous and that can be said for this class. Many times I was not as present as I wished to have been and I felt that my work did not reflect the effort I was putting forth. It was a hard semester but I still took away so much from it. The first thing that really stood out to me was the idea that education creates an opportunity and is bettered by collaboration. I think about the PLC I might one day work in and all of the benefits of that when I look around at my classmates. I see just how crucial it is for us to bounce ideas off of one another and also how we can learn from each other. During the Virtual Field Trip presentations I found myself writing down things like NearPod that my classmates used and I had never heard of. I also gained a love for Literature Circles. I hope I can use this one day in my own classroom to create a cross-curricular approach to learning about history. I think that pairing the non-fiction and fiction texts were especially important because I want my students to be able to connect to real events on a personal level and the fiction text gives them the ability to do so. Lastly, I learned so many different techniques and types of activities that I would want to use in the classroom like DBQ, analyzing primary sources, and more.