Week 14 Reflection – 4/23/19

The virtual field trip creativity tonight was awesome! I loved seeing everyone’s field trip plans.  No two plans were alike.  I got some great inspiration from others’ work.  I also didn’t realize how many possibilities there were for virtual field trips.  A few projects that stood out to me were 1) when we got the chance to take a trip on the Susan Constant and we actually got to feel like we were on the boat, and 2) using google maps to give a big picture point of view followed by a very real and up-close look inside a room of a great pyramid.

Reflecting on what we have learned this semester using the posters around the room was very eye-opening.  It was nice to look back at everything we have learned about teaching social studies.  Other peoples’ responses reminded me of some of the things I forgot we practiced.  I think everyone got a lot out of our class time.  I think my two favorite things that we did this semester were the literature groups (comparing fiction and nonfiction texts) and the virtual field trip project.  I can definitely see myself implementing both into my future classroom.