Week 4-making connections, compare/contrast

I thought the skills progression chart was very interesting.  I know it is not relevant across the board, but I wonder if I will see verification of it when I am in the classroom.  I also wonder how the study was done, was it in different states, grades, and socioeconomic status?

I loved the lesson with making connections and using Dr. Stohr’s own personal family artifacts.  It made the lesson more interesting because I knew it was real, and it meant alot that she would share things that are special to her.  I wonder if my students would feel the same way if I brought in my own family artifacts?

2 thoughts on “Week 4-making connections, compare/contrast”

1. Kelly, students love knowing things about their teachers! I encourage you to begin thinking now what an artifact box would look like based on your or even a family member. You might even consider creating a lesson plan this semester based on this idea. You could build it out for this class and then put it to good use in your own classroom one day. Think about it!

2. Kelly,
    I’m wondering about this:
    “I also wonder how the study was done, was it in different states, grades, and socioeconomic status?”
    What study do you mean?

I’m glad you enjoyed the lesson build around my father’s history. I think students love knowing their teachers are “real” people, so they would definitely love interpreting your history. Start collecting things now!