Week 2-Vocabulary and Think-Alouds

I specifically enjoyed learning about different ways to connect students to social studies by using vocabulary.  I don’t ever remember doing anything other than looking up/defining terms.  I love the idea of using graphic organizers, focusing on just a few key words, and making it fun.  I think this will really help the students grasp and retain the information, along with hopefully getting excited about it as well.

I am very interested in discovering more ways to incorporate creativity into my lesson plans such as the examples in our book, and the activities we did in class tonight.  I am wondering where I can get my hands on more creative lesson ideas?!

One thought on “Week 2-Vocabulary and Think-Alouds”

1. Hi Kelly, I am glad you found value in the vocabulary strategies presenting in class last week. I wonder if there was a specific one that really stood out to you. I would like to know more about how you actually felt when you engaged in a strategy. Did one make you think differently or provide an “aha” moment?

I am glad you are interested in learning about creative ways to teach. Hopefully, you will gain ideas and resources to help you do this throughout the semester. Lynne