Class 1 Reflection

My expectations for myself in this course start with actively tapping into my prior knowledge and experiences related to Social Studies instruction during class. This applies to not only the knowledge I have acquired in my TLP experience so far, but also as a commitment to build my knowledge before coming to class with the assigned readings and videos. It is vital for everyone in the class to come in with the same preparation and level of understanding to ensure that we are able to move at the pace expected. This should be paired with a willingness and openness to learn from my fellow students, as well as the instructors.

My other main expectation for myself is to truly embrace the concept of integration, and to be using it as a backdrop for everything I learn in this class. The idea that all the strategies, concepts, and information I learn this semester should be applied in tandem to one another, as well as generalized to other subjects and situations.

My expectations for the instructors is for them to maximize my time in class by choosing activities and topics of instruction that will be directly useful in the classroom. I also expect the information to be up to date and applicable to the newest teaching approaches.

One thought on “Class 1 Reflection”

1. Deborah,

Thank you for your reflection! I am glad it is important to you to find new ways to apply prior knowledge. This concept is important to me too and I look forward engaging you and others with opportunities to enhance your current experiences! I look forward to working with you this semester. See you tomorrow, Lynne