Making Things Gr8

#1&DONE 0 Comments

It’s hard to see a LONG chapter to an even longer book come to close, but that is what’s happening in this moment. After tomorrow I will be finished with all classwork and classes related to this Master’s degree, and will be free to relentlessly chase the next adventure I commit myself to.

Each day abroad I spent a fraction of time thinking about what my mindset would be as I was headed back to the States, and, somehow, I’ve felt the same way throughout this entire program. When times got hard and I was ready to quit, I thought about how relieved and accomplished I would feel once it all ended. As I wade through reflection periods for this specific class and the entirety of my program, I am pleased with the work I’ve done, but leaving this program with a plan for the future that I didn’t think I would have when I started.

Several courses have re-wired my thinking, and allowed me to approach instances in the workplace or larger businesses as opportunities instead of problems. One word has stuck with me specifically in this course that has re-wired my thinking. Crisis. When I think of this word, I think of something prodigious and, not only life-changing, but paradigm shifting. Note: I didn’t use any negative terminology.

The Refugee Crisis in Germany ignited the German population at-large to find ways to integrate migrants into their local communities, businesses, and homes. In essence, Germans used the word “crisis” as a call to action and a mark of opportunity, noting that something great is about to take place. The response to this call is the true testament of what makes a country “great” either once or “again”.