The Meaning of Life

Uncategorized 2 Comments

When I first heard about this class I was intrigued. I thought it sounded interesting of course. And I also thought that it aligned with my love of travel and my interest in other cultures. If I could have another career I would choose anthropology. And then, out of the blue, something marvelous happened. I came. I met other people. Some from my home town and others from faraway nations. I had not considered that friendships might blossom. That connections would be made that might change my life forever. I have met people who have inspired me. People who have caused me to shed tears. People who have made me laugh louder than I’ve ever laughed. People who have pushed me beyond my comfort level. I know that we are here to learn about leadership in a global context. What I didn’t expect, was that I would learn so much more. About the human condition. And our shared desire for a unified and peaceful coexistence.

p.s. the author takes full responsibility and apologizes for the foul language in this, one of her favorite pieces of music of all times!

2 thoughts on “The Meaning of Life

• Yulia Kulay

Grannie,
    I love this song! I will be whistling this on the plane back and recalling all of the great memories we shared together on this trip. Xoxo

• Kara Bleecher

So true, Grainne~
    It’s shocking and wonderful how travel can bring people together unexpectedly.
    So thankful to have met and shared this time with all of you! What a life-changing experience we had!
    XOXO