Esslingen…Better Known as Estrogen

#1&DONE 0 Comments

When we had the chance for some free time today, a few of us ventured out into the ADORABLE medieval town of Esslingen to explore. I think I can safely say that after spending five hours there, I could easily drop everything and move here in an instant. The town is beautiful, kind of like a snapshot of time. Between the historic architecture, sprawling (sadly closed) vineyards, and delicious gelato, we had the best time.

Before this trip, I had only had classes with Tiffany and been in Kara’s high school French class. Similar to Anjelica and her adorable post about building relationships, I think one of the most important things I’ve learned from this trip is how incredible the people I’m on it with are. I’ve enjoyed every chance to learn more about each one of them and to spend time exploring a new country with them.

In education, building relationships is typically the number one priority of the teachers that are set apart from the pack. I’m sure the same principle applies to HR. If you don’t know your students or employees, how can you manage them or work with them cooperatively? While I have always believed in the importance of building relationships with your students, I have seen it in action in this class. YEP! You guessed it…this is a shout out post to not just my classmates, but our wonderful professors as well!!

Kate, Andrew, and Tom: You all have been incredible through this whole process and have been so supportive of each of our needs. Kate, you are the best mother hen we could ask for and have truly made every effort to protect, support, and encourage each of us. We also never would have even known about Esslingen without your recommendation. Andrew, our discussions always leave me laughing and jealous that I’ve never been in any of your other classes. Tom, you are so knowledgeable and helpful. I don’t think I would have any idea which direction to go with my Now Wow How project without your assistance. You all are amazing and I am so appreciative of this experience. You all truly built strong relationships with each of us, encouraging us and helping us along the way, the way the best teachers do. Thank you for this opportunity and for pushing us each day to make the most of it.

PC: Tiffany Nieves