2004 Democrat Ads

I really enjoyed this exercise. My favorite was the “Turned a Corner” ad because the charts are so funny and it reminded me of the how statistics can be deceiving. They were so sassy and iMovie quality I was laughing. I also thought the Tears of the Mother ad was very effective though it was a very different tone.

3 thoughts on “2004 Democrat Ads

1. Oona Elovaara

I also found that some of my best ads were ones with humor in them. I think comedy and getting people to laugh is a great way to have the audience emotionally connect with the piece, and get them to remember the ad. Sometimes it can be more effective than a bunch of political propaganda and statistics for the audience to memorize.

2. John Sinuk

I had to look at ads from 1964 and I was also facisnated by the quality. Obviously these adds were created in 1964 but both the audio and visual aspects of the commercials were extremely interesting. It made me wonder the level of difficulty it took to make commercials in the 1960’s versus now where you can direct a commercial with your iPhone if you really had to.

3. Caitlin Doyle

I was looking at ads from the 2004 election, and in looking at Bush’s ads, I was surprised by the humor that I found in a number of the ads. I think that having humor in these ads is appealing because it brings away from the overwhelming amount of dreary ads, and almost personalizes the candidate using humor.