implicit bias reaction

I took the implicit bias test about gender bias. I found myself really having to concentrate as they changed the sides around. My results said that I had “a weak automatic association between Me and Woman and a moderate automatic association between Not-me and Man. I was a little surprised that the connection between “me” and “woman” was not equally as associated as my connection between “not me” and “Man”. I think I spend a decent amount of time thinking about my female identity and women’s rights, but I guess that also plays into feeling particularly more separate from the male identity. 

One thought on “implicit bias reaction

1. John Sinuk

I felt the same way about my results. I took the test that showed which type of person you preferred more, thin or fat people. With me myself having struggled with weight in the past, I often think about others who have and are going through the same things, who even may be experiencing the same feelings. While it was somewhat close I was surprised to see that preferred thin people to fat people. I think other factors such as my everyday environment also played a role in my results.