IAT bias test

I was not super surprised about my test results. I took the “gender and career” IAT test, and received results saying that I had “little to no bias towards male = career and female = family. I did not notice that in my mind, it did seem a little bit easier to place certain words with the male names and vice versa as opposed to the female name. However, I think that this difference was so minimal that the test probably didn’t pick up on this. One thing about this is interesting, though. I have taken this same test three times now. The first two times, I received results saying that I had a “slight bias towards male = career and female = family”. When I took these tests in the past, I felt I had no bias at all, but I suppose the test picked up on something I was missing. I wonder what has changed in the time between tests. I do seem more aware of this bias, and maybe because of this, subconsciously over time I have gotten past it a little bit. I think also being in a culture at Richmond where there are so many females that are so passionately pursuing careers, this bias may have been weakened for me.