Education Connection Ad

I’m pretty sure many of you have seen and heard this ad growing up on television or as a meme on social media (especially recently). Education Connection ad was always a favorite for my brother and I growing up because it was very catchy and was on often– we may have seen the commercial at least once or twice everyday because of how popular it was. Although watching as a kid and nowhere near college then, this ad was a staple because how popular it was and how easy it was to remember the lyrics. It provided new view of technology and new paths people could take, which as a young kid, I assumed there was only one path to follow.

This commercial definitely used some of the factors we learned about in our readings for today. The Education connection slogan uses catchy music and lyrics to entice their audience to listen about the package deal of finding the right online college for them. The commercial shares a value that is common in American society which is continuing your education which can lead to a higher salary in your career. The lyrics share a story about a woman who did not do well in highschool and now ” taking my classes online, getting my degree on [her] own time” to get a better career and better salary. She emphasizes being able to get her degree at her own pace which is critical to education connection’s mission of finding the ideal program for you. This emphasis on an education made for you also appeals to an audience who has probably been in her situation, creating a relatable experience for them. It is also around this time that getting an online degree was a relatively new concept and appealed to many people who cannot do a ‘regular’ college path.

Here is the link to the commercial if anyone would like to jam to it.

2 thoughts on “Education Connection Ad

1. Anna Marston

I have definitely seen a resurfacing of this ad since most schools have become remote/virtual– it’s crazy how this old ad still applies to the premises we learned about in the readings for today. Speaking of catchy music and lyrics, I have had this song stuck in my head forever, just showing that it appeals to that side of us to engage in Education Connection.

2. Sophia McWilliams

The catchy music is definitely a smart tactic for this commercial. After I read your post, I rewatched the video and somehow knew all of the words… when I have only seen this ad a few times when I used to watch Nickelodeon with my siblings. It is fascinating to me that even after all of these years, I still remember the ad and as Anna said, it is resurfacing now.