Welcome to UR BLSA!
We are the Oliver Hill Chapter of the Black Law Student Association at the University of Richmond School of Law. Our chapter is a part of the regional and national organizations, MABLSA and NBLSA, respectively.
The Oliver Hill Chapter of the Black Law Students Association focuses on centering the needs of Black law students and working strategically to address those needs. We aim to help Black law students excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively effectuate change within the community.
- To instill a greater awareness of, and commitment to, the Black community as it relates to the legal system;
- Focus upon the relationship of the Black law student and the Black attorney;
- Building lasting student and alumni connections;
- Mentoring law students;
- Engaging in the recruitment and retention of black law students and faculty members; and
- Development of transferable skills.