Theclus, disheartened

Theclus, disheartened, to the members of the council and men of God,

I know that I am a simple presbyter and as such I am truly honored to be a part of this council, but I find my concerns being ignored despite the fact that I too am learned in the ways of the scripture and hold the unison of this church at the very core of my beliefs. I have no ally of thought here and no one cares about appeasing me because I have no vote. I am glad that the council was able to unanimously agree to the Holy Spirit portion of the creed, but no one else here seems to care that the creed diminishes God. I do not wish to deny or change scripture but in this portion of the creed I would remove all references to God being the Father. I think I have made my concerns and reasons for this abundantly clear.

I wish this council could see that in agreeing and compromising so much right now is actually putting the future of our church at risk. The decision on the lapsed last council could easily create a second class of Christian that would further divide our brothers in God in new ways. Needless to say I am saddened by the need to punish our brothers who have realized their mistake in their fear and wish to return to the Maker. God is the one who should be the one to punish or forgive us humans and the church’s job is and should be to provide community and preach God’s message for all to hear. Eusebius of Nicomedia said that the church could not be a person but according to Matthew 16:18 Jesus says “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it.” Peter is the rock of the church and all who believe in God is another stone that builds the church. Denying the lapsed equal space within our community is denying God his rightful people, his rightful church. I hope beyond hope that this council will see more clearly next time, but this last session was a great blow to the future of Christendom.