The Council Day 2

I was a bit frustrated about day two of the Council. I feel like we wasted a lot of time going back in forth and never came to a compromise. I also feel as though Alexander and the bishops who agree with his position on the deity of Jesus twisted a lot of the ideas of Arius, Eusebius, and I to draw far-fetched, untrue conclusions. For instance, one of the bishops mentioned that our beliefs go against monotheism because we separate Jesus from God. There is a verse from scripture that proves our beliefs are not polytheistic that I hope I get the opportunity to bring up at the Council tomorrow. The scripture verse is 1 Corinthians 15:28 which states, “When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all”. This verse proves that even though Arius, Eusebius, and I believe that Jesus and God are two separate, but similar beings, we only serve one God because Jesus is subject to the God we serve.

I would really like for the creed to reflect the truth about who Jesus is and not deceive people into thinking that the Son and the Father are the same. Scripture talks about how Jesus prayed to the Father. Prayer is a form of communication with the Father, if Jesus is God then why would he pray to himself? As human beings we do not make speeches to ourselves so why would we assume that Jesus is doing that? If Jesus was truly the same as the Father there would be no need for him to pray because he would have everything he needs within himself. I sincerely hope that we can decide on a creed that presents the facts about Jesus.