Creed Day 1

Overall, I think the council did a very good job in discussing and compromising their views. I was impressed with the Arian team that they put forth their own creed that gave our council something to edit. It provided structure and neatness rather than trying to formulate a creed based off of what everyone stated that day in the council. Although I felt a creed was not necessary, I knew it was going to be near to impossible to convince the council of that. I stated my opinion and it was not popular among the council. I then switched my position to act as a mediator within the two sides so that each was mostly satisfied with the final product. It was very nice that everyone was able to come together and agree and vote for the same creed regarding the nature of God. It proves that we are one step closer to unification. There was a long period of time when the sides argued back and forth regarding the highly repetitive aspect of the original creed. I agreed with the fact to make it less repetitive so it was more clear and concise. People tend to get confused when things are wordy. I am glad we could also agree on using both the words “true” and “alone”. This way both sides wants were satisfied. We were able to reiterate Gods importance while not making it too repetitive. The creed clearly states Gods position and touches upon each important and defining aspect that makes him unique.