Dreary Day

LD blog 10 pic 1The sky today is a blanket of off white. You can’t even see the outline of clouds. It’s just solid off-white. Though no direct sunlight is making its way through the cloud cover, the visibility is very good. The trees, the brick pathway, the grass green all look particularly crisp against the off-white backdrop.

The right tree does have a shadow ring around it. There is enough light seeping through the cloud blanket that makes the tree’s branches cast this faint, very fuzzy-edged shadow ring on the grass beneath it. There are no shadows around or near the left tree.

The brick pathway void of any direct sunlight is a consistent patchwork of maroon, dark brown, and mauve. No bricks stand out from the others.

I feel sleepy. This blanket of off-white clouds makes me want to put a blanket over myself and sleep. Off in the distance between the two trees, the sky is a little grayer than the rest of the sky. Because of this I feel a foreboding that it will rain soon. This little speck of gray on the horizon make me uneasy.LD blog 10 pic 2