Womp

LObv 10.28

Looking into the Modlin Courtyard from a bench outside of Jepson Theater 1:06

There’s a giant tent set up in the courtyard today. It’s definitely going to make a difference in my observation. Really what it’s doing is obscuring the area that I would be able to easily see the change in the quality and direction of the light like I usually do. The only light I can really see hitting the courtyard is the light on the top of the tent (which I can’t see very well anyways) and only a little bit on the ground around the tent. The white tent also isn’t helping because it’s just making the light look brighter than it actually is.

It’s bright today, but it’s diffused because it’s cloudy and rainy. The shadows have the same quality of light that the lit area does, but it’s just a little dimmer. They are not any defined shadows, and the shadows are very smudgy and hard to distinguish.

Current mood: tired and distracted

It got a little brighter at one point, but other than that, there wasn’t much change.

The light coming through the tent (from the skylights in the roof) is also diffuse. There are little lights inside the tent right now, but from what I’m seeing they’re not doing much and the sunlight is washing them out.