Lots of Action in the Courtyard Today

LObv 10.21a

Looking into the Modlin Courtyard from a bench outside of Jepson Theater 1:06

It’s very bright and sunny today. The shadows are very defined and detailed. The light is bright, and the shade is a little bluer, but not as blue as the time a few weeks ago.

The first thing I really noticed is that shadow on the left side of the courtyard. Today it is almost reaching the middle of the courtyard, so it’s definitely moving. It has moved a foot or maybe six inches since last time, which is pretty significant. So the angle of the sun is definitely changing. The shadow right in front of me might also be moving? Not as drastically as the other shadow, but now it’s maybe eight feet away from the window in front of me. The shadow might be growing, but I don’t know for sure because I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as I had been the other shadow line. I might have to look at some of my past pictures. After looking at it more, I notice a weird curved shadow on the column on the right of me (one down) that I’ve never seen before and which wouldn’t be present if the shadow line wasn’t where it is now. So I think that shadow line has definitely been changing, but probably just little by little because I haven’t noticed it until now.

Some really distracting people in the courtyard today. One girl was running from a bug. Like, do you have to right now?

Current mood: cold and distracted

Man what is happening in the courtyard today? There’s this guy who was eating lunch but is now attaching straps to the columns (for a hammock, I guess??) RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! Jeez, these people don’t know how to pose for a lighting observation AT ALL!!

Getting back to the observation…

The light in the shadow is definitely a pale blue. I can see a blue tinge to the shadow on the back edge of one of the center benches. Even some of the columns on the left have a blue tint to them. It’s still not as blue as it was the second or the third week or whatever it was, but the shadows are definitely blue-ish.

It’s not cloudy at all today, and the sunlight is pretty constant.

Final remarks: The shadow line on the left side of the courtyard has moved SINCE I’VE BEEN SITTING HERE! I swear the light was more on the bench before, but now the light is just barely touching it. I took a picture to prove it:
LObv 10.21b