Some people just don’t understand the importance of lighting observation projects and continuity!

Looking into the Modlin Courtyard from the floor outside of Jepson Theater 1:04LObv 10.7a

Some punk is sitting on my bench, so instead of sitting on my bench, I’m sitting on the other side of the column on the floor (closest to my seat as possible).

It’s bright today, but there’s not too much of a difference between the shadowed area and the lit area. The shadows are fuzzy and blobish, but in some parts of the benches’ shadow look more defined. The light in the shadowed area is a pretty soft white. The light in the lit area, too, is softer white light (but of course it’s brighter).LObv 10.7b

A few minutes in the area became a little brighter (as you can see in picture above). The shadows became more defined, and there’s a greater difference between the lit area and the shadowed area.

The colors of the plants and the bench and the columns and the wooden part of the windows (on the shadowed side) are very dull, very lackluster. But in the lit area, the columns and the wood of the windows especially are much more vibrant in color. The benches in the middle of the courtyard (which are in the lit area) look gross as always. I don’t know whether that’s because they’re dull to begin with or because of how the light is hitting them.

The shadow on the left side of the courtyard has grown even from the last time I saw it. Now it’s six feet from the columns maybe? It’s just hitting the legs of the leftmost benches and it was about a foot, six inches away from the benches last week. That shadow is definitely growing in length according to where the sun is positioned and its angle in relation to the courtyard.

There are a lot of clouds today. The light wavers from really bright to not so bright often. So it’s a windy, partially cloudy day.

Current mood: cold and slightly agitated