Sunny Day, but Lots of Clouds

Looking into the Modlin Courtyard from a bench outside of Jepson Theater 1:0120150909_130043

The light feels bright. The sun isn’t under clouds, it’s very direct sunlight. Oh, wait, it just went under some clouds, I think, because it just got a little bit dimmer. The light, regardless is bright white light, and the shadows are defined really well and heavy, so the light is really bright. It’s a very white light, it’s very clear, and the light in the shadow is still white light but its dimmer.

About half-way through, a cloud went over the sun and the light dimmed significantly. I took a picture of the dim but the sun came back too quickly for me to capture the darkest point. The picture I did take got a partial dimming of the light. (You can see this picture below.)20150909_130915

The shadows of the columns of the courtyard look bluer than they did last week, especially on the side of the courtyard that’s completely covered in shade (farther away from me).

The clouds completely moved away a little afterwards, and the area was brighter again, like it had been at the beginning.

Clouds continued to pass over the sun, dimming the area often, and sometimes the light would return, but not to the same intensity as it began with.

At the end of my observation, the light was bright but not as bright as it was at the beginning. There looks like there’s a big, dark cloud coming, but I’m going to leave before it comes.

In terms of my feeling, at first I was feeling sleepy. I’m kind of comfortable; not too hot, not too cold, and I’m sleepy because it’s dark where I’m sitting but it’s sunny outside. And then in the middle, once the clouds started moving over, I was feeling a little antsy I guess, because I had more to look at and I was waiting for something to happen. But now, at the end, I’m feeling sleepy again.