The University of Richmond Spring Break runs from March 9 to 16. During this time, the library has adjusted hours, and there are no scheduled classes. For those students who are in the Richmond area during this time, we offer the following list of events and destinations to explore our wonderful community.
- Richmond Beer Trail: Richmond is home to more than 20 craft breweries, including long-time favorites Hardywood and Legend, as well as newly-opened destinations such as Tabol and Triple Crossing’s Fulton location.
- Richmond’s GRTC Pulse transit option connects the city from Willow Lawn in the West End, past Scott’s Addition, the Arts District, Schockoe Bottom and Rocketts Landing.
- For entertainment, you can play shuffleboard at Tang and Biscuit, go bowling at River City Roll, play classic pinball at The Circuit Arcade Bar, or get in a game of Skeeball at Bingo RVA.
- Richmond is home to many museums, including the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, the Institute for Conteporary Art, and the Virginia Museum of History & Culture, where you can see an exhibit of murals inspired by the Story of Virginia (through April 21).
- Byrd Theatre: Discover this classic movie theatre, built in 1928. During Spring Break, you can see The Wizard of Oz (March 9), Across the Universe (March 10), Pariah (March 13) or some movies you may have missed while studying: Green Book, The Mule, and Mary Poppins. The seats were recently redone, and it’s open every day of the year.
We hope you enjoy this brief break from law school, and we wish you a happy, healthy and hopefully fun experience, wherever you choose to spend your time.