Uncategorized

Week 2 – Organizational Culture at CBRE

CBRE’s RISE values demonstrate a foundation for their organizational culture of the company as a whole. RISE: respect, integrity, service, and excellence. 

Respect: “We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.”

Integrity: “No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.”

Service: “We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.”

Excellence: “We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.”

These core values are shown through relationships and work with clients and colleagues. From my short time here, I have seen these values demonstrated by people interacting in and out of the office. As I mentioned in my first reflection of leader/follower relationships, CBRE, and my team specifically, really demonstrates a collaborative work environment. Everyone on the team, despite their position, is working together and engaging asking each other questions. This definitely shows how each person respects each other. In the office there is a sense of informality as they are talking and working together, however, it is never disrespectful. When a client is present or on a call, they still work together but speak a little more formally with each other. I think the collaborative nature is common in the real estate industry because everyone needs to work in many different departments/teams to get deals done, making communication super important to stay updated.