Personal Contributions: CSRHub

Early on in my internships, the CEO, Cynthia, had reviewed some writing of mine and decided to involve me in an increased amount of writing projects. She requested that I take data and information and create an outbound email to potential consumers talking about our services. At first, this was a daunting ask for me, as the organizational culture of the company prevented me from having interactions with the researchers, data analysts, and individuals more attune with CSRHub’s specific offerings. My newness to the company turned out to be a blessing for this project and others I worked on. I still had an “outsider” perspective when it came to CSRHub’s data and offerings. I was able to share my simple understanding of the CSRHub subscription offerings in ways that the consumer would fully understand. A few weeks after this project, I see that I have adopted more understanding and lingo that might have made it hard to appeal to the consumer. CSRHub’s consumers come to us to get aggregated data, reliable information , and simplified conclusions, and with a marketing team that has worked at CSRHub for years, a fresh set off eyes, naive eyes even, can be useful when appealing to the consumer. My work enhanced these projects and ended up evolving into a bigger contribution as well. I spent the next week synthesizing information and writing “what’s in it for you” pieces for each consumer target group for the website. I was able to understand more of CSRHub’s target groups as we identified them: Corporate Managers, Investment Professionals, Advisors and Consultants, Nonprofit and Government, Academic Researchers, and API developers. Throughout just the target markets identification work, I learned about these roles and their purposes in bigger companies when it comes to ESG and CSR work. I then worked with my supervisor and the CEO to first understand the inner workings of why these groups should use CSRHub and the different resources each one might rely on. I then synthesized this information to appeal directly to the consumer. This “what’s in it for you” project allowed me to learn a lot about CSRHub and also bring a project full circle, as I also designed the pages that these consumer group appeals would be on on the website.