Want to log into ONE gmail account but SEND as another? This information is for YOU!
If you have a personal gmail account you would like to forward your University email account to, but would also like to have the convenience of sending email using your @richmond.edu email account, you are in luck.
To set up this service, complete these steps:
Forward your email:
- Visit https://wwws.richmond.edu/wforward – log in with your netid and password, and type in the gmail.com email account you want your gmail.richmond.edu email to be sent to.
- Click Set Forward.
Go to your gmail.com email account and enable the service:
- Log into your gmail.com account.
- Click on the gmail "gear" icon to get to settings (far right had corner on the top of your computer screen).
- Click Mail Settings.
- Accounts and Import.
- Under the "Send mail as" section, click send mail from another address.
- In the Add another email address you own boxes, type your name as you would like it to appear in the "from" line of your email in the Name box, and type in your gmail.richmond.edu email address in the email address box. Click Next Step.
- Ensure the "send through Gmail" is selected and click Next Step.
- Click Send Verification.
- LOG OUT OF GMAIL.COM.
Go to your gmail.richmond.edu account to verify your email address:
- Log into gmail.richmond.edu.
- Click on the email you received from the Gmail Team.
- Click the link to activate the service.
- Completely sign out of your gmail.richmond.edu account.
Verify you can send as your gmail.richmond.edu account in your gmail.com account:
- Sign into gmail.com.
- Click Compose mail. You will see in the From field there is a drop down box. Click on the drop down box and choose your gmail.richmond.edu address.
- Continue to compose your email as you normally would.
The biggest inconvenience of using your personal gmail account only is the inability look up University of Richmond email addresses by clicking the "To:" link. To look up University email addresses, you can always log back into gmail.richmond.edu and send those emails from that login, or go to http://directory.richmond.edu/ and look up information that way.