We’ve all been put in the situation of needing a PDF to be a Word file. There is a free internet service – www.pdftoword.com – that will let you convert MOST files from PDF to Word.
- Log into the website. Click the “browse” button to browse to the PDF file you would like to convert.
- Choose either to convert the file to a .doc (Word) file or .rtf file.
- Type in your email address. Click “Convert.”
You will get an email from PDF to Word with the converted file. Open the attachment in Word.
What else do I need to know?
- There is a limit on the size of the file that this free service will convert (8MB).
- Sometimes the service is unable to perform the function. If the original document was scanned sideways, if the PDF file has a lot of handwritten information in the margins, or if none-clear text is the PDF file, the service will not be able to read the words as actual “words” but will look at the text as a image and convert it as such.
- Works on all operating systems.
- However, if the PDF file is a clean document, this service does a GREAT job of stripping the PDF code out of the document so it can be manipulated in Word.
Would you like a handout? Click pdftoword.pdf