Converting a PDF to a Word File

We’ve all been put in the situation of needing a PDF to be a Word file.  There is a free internet service – www.pdftoword.com – that will let you convert MOST files from PDF to Word.

1. Log into the website.  Click the “browse” button to browse to the PDF file you would like to convert.
  2. Choose either to convert the file to a .doc (Word) file or .rtf file.
  3. Type in your email address.  Click “Convert.”

You will get an email from PDF to Word with the converted file.  Open the attachment in Word.

What else do I need to know?

1. There is a limit on the size of the file that this free service will convert (8MB).
  2. Sometimes the service is unable to perform the function.  If the original document was scanned sideways, if the PDF file has a lot of handwritten information in the margins, or if none-clear text is the PDF file, the service will not be able to read the words as actual “words” but will look at the text as a image and convert it as such.
  3. Works on all operating systems.
  4. However, if the PDF file is a clean document, this service does a GREAT job of stripping the PDF code out of the document so it can be manipulated in Word.

Would you like a handout?  Click pdftoword.pdf

3 Responses to “Converting a PDF to a Word File”

1. Murphy says:

Thanks for the post. It is informative and detailed .

As for me, when I need to edit PDF files, I always convert PDF files to editable word format with AnyBizSoft PDF to Word Converter and edit them if necessary. From my long time experience of searching and testing, this tool supports encrypted files and preserves text, layouts, images and hyperlinks well.

2. Jcaob says:

thanks very much for the tip!
    Waiting for the day Adobe will decide to build that option inside their PDF viewer.
    Anyhow.. Still excellent workflow to use :)

3. Julie says:

I need to convert a pdf to word file for my studies.
    Is it possible to use my iphone to do this?