Fred Rogers: Love, Wisdom, and Compassion For All Ages

Oops!  We had to remove the hero profile you’re looking for because it will soon appear in our new book Heroic Leadership: An Influence Taxonomy of 100 Exceptional Individuals, to be published by Routledge in 2013.

Our contract at Routledge required us to remove many of our profiles on our blog at this time.  But we do have other hero profiles and information about heroes on the menu bar located on the right side of this page.  Check it out!

In the mean time, please accept our apologies.  Here is more information about our new book.

You can click here to return to our HERO home page.  And thanks for visiting!

– Scott Allison and George Goethals

8 Responses to “Fred Rogers: Love, Wisdom, and Compassion For All Ages”

• I wish there were more shows with the same values as mr rogers. I really miss new episodes of his show.

• I remember watching this show as a child with my two brothers. While I didn’t always follow it, I watched enough episodes to realize that Mr. Rodgers was truly special person. He was an exceptional man who no doubt influenced the lives of not only children, but many more as well through his teachings of caring, selflessness, and friendship. I find it truly remarkable that he took time out of his busy schedule to write a handwritten letter back to the woman mentioned in the post. I believe that actions like those truly epitomize Mr. Rodgers and the values that he lived by from day to day.

• Mister Rogers has a zen quality about him, a feeling of inner peace and serenity, that I admire and do my best to emulate. What he did seemed simple, and simplistic, but deceptively so; it’s far from easy to nurture the seeds of civilization among the noise of barbarism. This was a great tribute to a gentle man with a giant heart, Scotty and George. :)

• I think we all loved Mr. Rogers and the gifts he gave a whole generation. A beautiful post. I loved this post so much I have pointed my readership to come for a visit.

Warmly, Brenda
    http://www.creatingyourbeyond

• Kids these days have NO shows like this to learn from its just all cuss words anymore….

• Everyone knows Mr. Rodgers regardless of if they had seen the show before and for theives to have returned his car is saying something about him. He is a hero to the small children and was a great voice to hear on the TV. He was a hero and wakeup call to society warning it of its inevitable downfall. Sadly television is not improving as time goes on.

• Mr. Rogers is definitely a hero, and one whose legacy, I believe, will live on for years to come. Not only did this man accomplish the feat of having a top rated kids show for over 30 years, but he did so, while changing society for the better. He created a show that meant something, and in the process he became a key Transitional Hero for generations of children. Mr. Rogers has helped young children develop morals and learn right from wrong, at a crucial stage in their developmental process, and for that Mr. Rogers certainly deserves to be recognized.

• Mr. Rogers was the epitome of compassion and grace, both on and off the screen. He worked hard to bring joy to all those who watched his show and to urge us all to always find the best in others. His selflessness, kindness, compassion and humility enriched so many lives across the globe and made him a true hero.